Stay and feel connected to the people you love most. Portal feels less like a video call and more like you’re in the same room — even when you’re miles apart.
If you can’t be there, feel there
Connecting through Portal feels like being together in the same room, even when you’re far apart. And Portal makes it easier to connect more regularly with the most important people in your life.
- Smart Camera and Smart Sound
- Private by design
- Connect with Messenger
- Share content
- Alexa built-in
- Display photos and notifications
Move and talk freely with Smart Camera and Smart Sound
Keeps everyone in frame
As more people enter a room, Smart Camera automatically widens to keep everyone in view, so you don’t miss a moment
- Follows the action
Keeps everyone in frame
Camera and microphone off
Private by design
Portal was created with privacy, safety and security in mind. And it has clear and simple settings, so you stay in control.
- You can completely disable the camera and microphone with a single tap, or block the camera lens with the camera cover provided.
- Facebook doesn’t listen to, view or keep the contents of your Portal video calls. Your Portal conversations stay between you and the people you’re calling.
- For added security, Smart Camera uses AI technology that runs locally on Portal, not on Facebook servers. Portal’s camera does not use facial recognition and does not identify who you are.
- Like other voice-enabled devices, Portal only sends voice commands to Facebook servers after you say, “Hey Portal.” You can delete Portal’s voice history in your Facebook Activity Log.
Connect with friends, even if they don’t have Portal
Use your voice to easily call friends and family on Messenger — calls can be made seamlessly to and from smartphones and tablets. And you can bring up to six other people into a group call.
Experience more together
With Story Time on Portal, you can become some of your children’s favorite characters as you read along to well-loved stories. And if friends or family also have Portal, you can listen to your favorite music together as if you were in the same room, without delays or feedback.
Share the music you love
Enjoy your favorite songs, albums or playlists with your friends. Sing along or have a dance party from miles away.
Portal has Alexa built-in, so you can ask a question, set a timer, add items to your shopping list, control your smart home and more. Just ask.
Stay close with Superframe
When you’re not on a call, Portal can display your Facebook photos and videos. You can also see when your closest contacts are available to connect, and get birthday reminders.
Surround yourself with sound
Play your favorite music on Portal, and powerful speakers will fill your room with rich, hi-fi sound.
- Display 15.6”Rotates Portrait to Landscape
Resolution 1080p or 1920x1080 (FHD)
Camera 12MP 140° DFOV
Audio 20w (2 tweeters, single 4” bass)
Microphone 4-mic array (2 front, 2 rear) 360° pickup
Ambient Light Sensor : Yes
Wireless Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) Dual band MIMO (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
Bluetooth 4.2 technology
Size 8.78” W x 17.71” H x 5.73” D (Portrait)
In the Box
- Camera cover,
- Power cord and quick start guide
Portal Plus from facebook