All-New Kindle—Now with a Front Light
Like all Kindle devices, the all-new Kindle provides a sanctuary reading experience with no distractions and includes a glare-free display with laser-quality text that’s easy to read. The new adjustable front light makes it even more comfortable to read in a variety of places while still delivering weeks of battery life. The all-new Kindle also includes updated electronic ink technology for better contrast and now uses capacitive touch to prevent accidental swipes on the six-inch, 167 ppi display.
The refreshed design delivers all these great features while keeping the device thin and light, so it’s easy to hold in one hand for long reading sessions. And the all-new Kindle comes with features customers love—storage to hold thousands of books so you can take your library with you, a battery life that lasts weeks not hours, and a durable design that makes it easy to bring with you on the go.
New Reading Features that Go Beyond a Book
The all-new Kindle helps you go beyond a book with Amazon’s newest reading features. Now, when you finish a book, it will automatically be marked as read in your library and synced across your reading devices including Kindle, Fire tablet, and the free Kindle apps for iOS and Android. With just a few taps, you can filter to see which books you’ve read and which you haven’t, so organizing your library has never been easier.
Features Readers Love about Kindle
The all-new Kindle includes all the features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading:
- Audible—With Bluetooth built-in, listen to your favorite Audible book and switch seamlessly between reading and listening on a Bluetooth enabled device.
- Whispersync and Whispersync for Voice—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks and Audible books across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 85 million members and 86 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
- Family Library—With Kindle and Kindle reading apps, you can access not only your own books, but also books from the Amazon account of a spouse or partner.
- Reading Benefits for Prime—Prime members can enjoy unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading as well as one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads.
All New Kindle
Amazon's 6” display with built-in light, 167ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level gray scale.
6.3” x 4.5” x 0.34” ( 160 x 113 x 8.7 mm).
6.1 oz (174 g). Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
None; fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content.
4 GB; holds thousands of books.